If you are missing full upper teeth and you have been told that you are not a good candidate for Toronto dental implants due to the high degree of bone atrophy (lack of bone in the upper jaw), do not despair. There is still a permanent solution for your upper arch- Zygoma implants.In the past, patients with considerable bone loss in the upper jaw wore implant dentures which can be fixed to the upper jawbone using titanium implants.
But many a time there is severe bone resorption in the upper jaw (or maxilla), providing insufficient anchorage for the prosthesis. In such cases a bone graft surgery is performed. In this surgery some bone is taken from the patient’s own hip region and grafted to the jaw bone. After about six months of healing, the denture is implanted into the patient’s upper jaw.Now there is a revolutionary implant technique that eliminates the need for hipbone grafting or sinus augmentation. Zygoma implants or zygomatic implant surgery involves minimal surgical procedures at reduced treatment time, without the need for painful grafting.
Who Needs Zygoma Implants?
Zygoma implants are appropriate for any person with missing, shaky or loose teeth and severe bone resorption in the maxilla. People of all age groups, except children, can benefit from this technique. This procedure cannot be performed on patients with sinus problems.
- You get a fixed row of functioning prosthetic teeth within 72 hours as opposed to the conventional implant techniques that takes up to 6 months.
- Zygoma dental implant presents a graft-less solution, avoiding the use of bone grafts from other parts of the body.
- They are longer than normal dental implants.
- Zygoma implants are placed in one surgical procedure under general anesthesia, giving patients a less painful experience.
- With the short duration of the treatment, the patient experiences significantly less discomfort.
- Only a day after the surgery, the patient will be able to bite and chew their normal food (including hard and crunchy food stuff).
- With this technique, you get immediate confidence boost with natural looking, functioning teeth.
- It gives you an opportunity to recover the biomechanics of your original denture.
- The new artificial set of fixed permanent teeth allows you to smile with confidence.
Get your Zygomatic dental imlants done now. Check here for more info.